Tuesday, February 5, 2008

right of passage into yr. 29


I will be turning 29 this year. I had to pause and think before I actually wrote that sentence. I keep thinking that I am turning 28, the late twenties all being the same in my book. I might as well just get it over with and say that I am thirty. I don't have a problem with this. I feel I am well into the ebb and flow of my life with three kids and a six year marriage behind me. I have much to look forward to, but getting on to the situation that demanded an first entry on the blog. This morning as I was getting a head start on my daily grooming, which doesn't usually start until around 11:00 am or later. It also doesn't involve much more than a few hairpins and some under eye concealer. This morning however, I noticed that my eyebrows were seriously needing attention. Call me what you will, a flake, a priss, but I find that a finely plucked eyebrow covers a multitude of flaws. Lack of makeup and large nose not withstanding. In this particular foray into my habitual maintainence of my particular pair, I came across my first gray hair. Yes, it was an eyebrow hair but a hair nonetheless and it was white.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Well, I think we're still young, and I'm even older than you!

laurel said...

I thought you were turning 28 too!! And I know we are two years apart, so apparently I am not as comfortable with acknowledging that the 30's are fast approaching!
I am excited you have started a blog. Can I give you a little shout out on mine, or do you want to keep it semi-private?