Saturday, February 16, 2008

birthday.

a response to a friend as to what i did on my bday.

well. you know. once you have children ... birthdays become somewhat obsolete. no sleeping as late as you want and doing whatever you want... that is of course unless you are absolved of the responsibility by a mother who dearly loves you and sees the dark circles that makeup wont even cover. Unfortunately, the morning in question, I had all three children. One of which, you'll never guess who, came downstairs to the potty instead of using her own across the hall and lets just say, the pull up didn't work. In the midst of cleaning that mess up, Roeland wakes up with a ferocious appetite. The morning continues with a really bad breakfast of pound cake for all girls in the house, followed by a huge mess in the playroom, which will take me about three days to clean up or a lot of yelling and spanking the girls into submissive servitude. Guess which course of action I am taking. I did have a few moments of respite on the day in question. My mother did graciously take ALL THREE kids for about two hours, in which time, david and I, with a car ride of blissful absence of questions and screaming, took a meal to a newly delivered mom and went to lowes to get material for remodeling the chicken coop (the highlight of the day), then on to the mall for really bad chinese food. needless to say, it wasn't very exceptional but then I am alive, no one I love is dying or dead, and very happy in my life. so. it was a good birthday in its own way. Thanks for asking. :)

No comments: