Thursday, February 14, 2008

crises averted. count 3.


1. Roeland was on a blanket in the backyard. I was working on the chicken coup and was distracted. Whilst I was not looking a certain 4 year old gifted him with a pile of leaves which he promptly began to chew or gum, rather. I was unaware of this potential deathly hazard until I heard a choking noise from his direction. Alarmed, I turned to see what could be causing this sound as, according to my recollection of thought, he had been placed in the center of a large quilt with nothing but a few very large inedible toys. Seeing the leaves or what was left of them, I dropped the power tools, snatched him up, and immediately put a nun to clean finger in his mouth, probing for remnants. He is still alive and well, if missing a couple of braincells due to 20 seconds without oxygen.

2. Bronwynne broke her snow globe given to her by her Nana. She had it about 5 minutes. I suppose I was a little naive to think that she wouldn't immediately begin banging it into the floor upon receiving it. no cuts in hands or feet. we are still missing a piece though. As things go, I am quite certain that it will be David who "finds" it .

3. Anice broke her snow globe too. She, however, was running and landed with the full force of her body onto the globe, causing it to shatter into a thousand bits. It should have cut her hand to pieces as she landed with it in her hand as it shattered, but in her usual manner, she miraculously escaped virtuously unscathed excepting a small cut on her palm.

No comments: