Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Stick Blender. Invaluable kitchen appliance.


http://www.lnt.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1988730

This little kitchen item is, in my opinion, simply priceless. It is inexpensive, extremely versatile, and shortens cleanup. I first came into contact with this little piece of kitchen equipment when my friend and culinary graduate, Marianne Pitts, gave me her Braun cast away. Since, I have upgraded to this Cuisinart version that also includes a wisk(not shown) and a food processor. I have basically ceased to use my standard blender (which sticks and sounds as if the engine might explode!) for this item. I just this morning used it to make peanut butter. I have used it to make the afore mentioned peanut butter, smoothies, whipped cream, pureed soups, any kind of baby food, mashed potatoes, soap, and the list goes on and on. I am constantly finding new uses for it.

1 comment:

laurel said...

I was amazed by that thing when I first used it at your house. I would really like to get one.
Totally off topic, I want one of those ugly brass lights (like the one you painted and put in your bedroom) to paint and hang above the tub. Usually, they are everywhere. Now that I am looking for one, I can't find one anywhere! Argh!!
I miss you!!
Oh, and I really want you to cut my hair. Finding the time is the difficulty lately...